Winter is here……….
This is the time when kids come home with cough and cold
This can affect their ears and cause temporary deafness….
My son had the same and I remember my wife saying he has been a bit naughty these days….actually the poor little boy was not hearing well due to Glue ear.
I had to take a child to emergency theatre recently as she accidentally inhaled a button battery. Fortunately, she recovered without sequelae as her parents realised the dangers of battery ingestion/inhalation and brought her into hospital quickly.
Here is some useful information on the dangers of button batteries.